Sunday, January 31, 2010

Nobody likes a braggart, but…

I got tweeted by Astronaut T.J. Creamer onboard the ISS!!! :D

Ok, I heard that the ISS had to do regular reboosts because over time, it drops in altitude. They mentioned DRAG as the cause. I’m like, whaaa? But doesn’t the atmosphere end at 400,000 feet? They are around 200 miles in altitude, and that’s over a MILLION feet, (1,056,000ft = 200 miles)so I asked the following question, with pic evidence (click to enlarge):

“@Astro_TJ ..., wow, even over a million feet in altitude, ISS suffers atmospheric drag? (reason why you need reboosts?)”

Question to @Astro_TJ

I seriously didn’t expect to get an answer. Those guys up there are extremely busy. Still, after some minutes, I checked Twitter. And to my surprise, I had gotten my first out-of-space tweet response.

“Astro_TJ @neosonic2k Yes (on drag) and yes (on reboosts)”

Reply from @Astro_TJ

^_^

I feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment